An illegal WTF (wireless telecommunications facility) installation was caught and stopped near 1440 Topanga Canyon Blvd this past Saturday, June 13th, 2020. Please see attached pictures, from around 2pm.
The crew, apparently working for Ericsson, said they were replacing a broken antenna with an upgraded antenna for Sprint. They did not have any plans, specifications, permits, or anything to show. I informed them that this was an illegal activity, since they had no permit for upgraded equipment. They called their supervision and after finishing said “wow, you really know your stuff”, then informed me that they would stop what they were doing, remove the new equipment they had installed, and put the previous equipment back because they did need a permit for what they were doing.
Needless to say, the crew was quite surprised. I proceeded to inform them of all the ensuing shenanigans by Telecom companies with the FCC (this occurrence was a perfect example), the myriad health effects of wireless technology (as currently designed), and of the need for an immediate moratorium on wireless expansion.
This occurrence is also a fantastic example that our power is in the permits. Those unaware of the serious health hazards of wireless technology, continuing with business as usual, have been led astray by the aggressive profiteering telecom industry, and have been making significant decisions without being properly informed.
We are dealing with HAZARDOUS POLLUTION – MICROWAVE RADIATION.
We CAN issue a moratorium. We CAN stop issuing permits. This is all actually very serious. No further wireless expansion should be permitted until the entirety of the situation is exceptionally clear, including total risks and total liabilities for all parties involved, including our environment. Then and only then may we make the correct informed decisions for our collective future.
Please review supportive links below.
Links to Important Studies
● US Navy Report (1971) – Naval Medical Research Institute – Glaser (1971) Bibliography of Reported Biological Phenomena (‘Effects’) and Clinical Manifestations Attributed to Microwave and Radio-Frequency Radiation. A report by the US Navy includes 2,311 studies on the biological effects of Microwave radiation, Both thermal and non-thermal. Pages 7-12 provide a list of all the adverse health effects found including non-thermal effects. The report was updated in 1976 and includes 3,700 studies.
● BioInitiative Report (2012) – The BioInitiative Report is the most comprehensive review of studies on biological effects caused by EMFs. It was prepared by 29 world-leading scientists and public health experts. The authors reviewed 3800 peer reviewed studies on EMF’s, including about 1,800 on the effects of wireless technology specifically. Their conclusion: “Bio-effects can also occur from just minutes of exposure to mobile phone masts (cell towers), Wi-Fi, and wireless utility ‘smart’ meters that produce whole-body exposure“. – Color Charts of Sample Studies of Reported Biological Effects from Radiofrequency Radiation at Low-Intensity Exposures.
● Bees Birds and Mankind – Destroying Nature by Electrosmog – Fascinating report written by German biologist Dr. Ulrich Warrnke and other leading German scientists. Warnke explains the various mechanisms by which wireless radiation is causing biological harm including to humans, bees, birds and other insects. I wholeheartedly recommend reading it.
● 5G Appeal – Appeal of 240 scientists from 31 countries who published over 2,000 studies on EMF effects calling for a moratorium on 5G because the harms are proven and because an epidemic of sickness already exists. They state that ignoring the evidence and sickness is a price society can no longer pay.
Mechanisms of Harm
● Oxidative Stress Mechanism – (Meta-analysis paper) – Yakymenko 2015; Oxidative Mechanisms of Biological Activity of Low-Intensity Radiofrequency Radiation. The study showed that 93/100 established that wireless radiation causes oxidative stress. This is important because not only there is more than sufficient evidence that wireless technology is causing profound harms but a mechanism of harm that can provide the casual link is established. Oxidative Stress is an established mechanism that can lead to cancer, non-cancer diseases, and DNA damage. This study disproves the wireless industry’s misleading statements that there are no mechanisms by which non-thermal levels of wireless radiation can affect the body. It also disproves the industry’s contentions that “the overwhelming majority of studies show no effects”.
● Blood Brain Barrier – (Study in animals) – Frey (1975); Neural function and behavior: defining the relationship. The first study was conducted by Dr. Allan Frey who was working for the US Navy. Frey also who proved the “Auditory Effect” / “Frey Effect” of non-thermal Microwave Radiation. The study found that (1) non-thermal levels of microwave radiation can break the blood brain barrier (BBB) (2) the main cause of the adverse effects is from the modulation rather than the carrier wave. The Swedish Neuroscientist, Dr. Lai Salford, confirmed Frey’s study regarding the BBB. He conducted further studies on the various effects of this radiation on the brain. Summary by Arthur Firstenberg from Cellular Phone Task Force about Salford’s work and link to his studies.
● Glucose Metabolism – (Study in humans) – National Institute of Health (NIH) Study – Volkow (2011) This study shows conclusive evidence of the bio-effects of wireless radiation on the human brain. Effects of Cell Phone Radiofrequency Signal Exposure on Brain Glucose Metabolism.
● NTP Study – Cancer & DNA damage – On Nov. 1, 2018, the final report of the results of the $25 million 10-year study of the National Toxicology Program (NTP) of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) was published. The NTP determined the study found CLEAR EVIDENCE of cancer and DNA damage in rats from cell phones. The results regarding the DNA damage were published in November 2019. This is the biggest study of its kind. A peer review panel of 11 scientists confirmed the findings of on March 28, 2018. The NTP is the federal expert agency for evaluation of toxins. Its determinations represent the scientific gold standard.National Toxicology Program Finds Cell Phone Radiation Causes Cancer. These conclusions were not surprising or novel; they simply confirmed earlier studies’ findings, including epidemiological studies that show increased risk of brain tumors from cell phone use and dozens of studies that showed DNA damage.
Dr. Ron Melnik, PhD, Senior Toxicologist and Director of Special Programs in the (NIEHS), who lead the study until he retired, said in 2016: “The NTP tested the hypothesis that cell phone radiation could not cause health effects and that hypothesis has now been disproved. The experiment has been done and, after extensive reviews, the consensus is that there was a carcinogenic effect. “In regard to the DNA damage findings, Dr. Melnik stated that the results of the study: “should put to rest the old argument that RF radiation cannot cause DNA damage”.
● The Ramazzini Institute Study – Cell Tower – Ramazzini Institute study (2017), is a 6 million Euro study, confirmed the results of the NTP. however, it has one major difference – while the NTP study used levels of radiation similar to those emitted from a cell phones, the Ramazzini used levels of radiation 6,000 times lower, which are more like the levels of radiation we get from cell towers when they are located further away from homes.
● The importance of NTP & Ramazzini – in 2011 IARC classified RF radiation as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B). IARC explained that while there is epidemiological evidence, more animal studies were needed. The NTP study and the Ramazzini Institute study provide the “missing link” IARC to re-classify RF radiation as a human carcinogen (Group 1).
● Cancer – Cell Towers – (Meta-Analysis Paper) Yakymenko et al (2011) – a good summary of studies including Army and Air-Force studies that show wireless radiation from cell towers and radars have severe adverse effects. This is a good study to explain to legislators why we should not allow 5G towers near our homes or children’s schools. Long-Term Exposure to Microwave Radiation Provokes Cancer Growth: Evidences from Radars and Mobile Communication Systems
● Cancer – Children– American Brain Tumor Association – Ostrom (2015) – Adolescent and Young Adult Primary Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors Diagnosed in the United States in 2008-2012. NOTE – This report is not on wireless harms but shows that the four (4) leading diseases that kill children and young adults are brain tumors, thyroid cancer, testis cancer and rectal cancer – cancer in proximity to where wireless devices are carried/used.
● Courts Find Causation Between Cell Phones & Brain Tumors – Fifth Court in Italy Ruled Cell Phones Cause Brain Tumors and Determined It Is An Occupational Disease
● Microwave Sickness – Diagnosis Guidelines – (Meta-analysis – Diagnosis guidelines) – Belyaev et al (2016); EUROPAEM EMF Guideline 2016 For the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of EMF-Related Health Problems and Illnesses. Microwave Sickness is the more accurate name for electro-sensitivity (ES). It is the most widespread manifestation of illness from wireless radiation with mainly neurological symptoms. Anyone who is experience symptoms from wireless is essentially suffering from this condition. At least 10% of the population has already developed the condition; the rates are likely higher. It is a spectrum condition. In 2016, the EMF working group of the European Academy for Environmental Medicine (EUROPAEM) published guidelines, which include a review of the science and instructions for doctors on how to diagnose and treat the condition. It is important to know that Microwave Sickness is Recognized under the ICD-10 as ‘Radiation Sickness’ and was acknowledged by various government agencies as a disability.
● Microwave Sickness – Physiological biomarkers – (Study in humans) Belpomme (2015); Reliable disease biomarkers characterizing and identifying electrohypersensitivity and multiple chemical sensitivity as two etiopathogenic aspects of a unique pathological disorder. This study on 700 people who developed Microwave Sickness found that the symptoms experienced by the injured indicate severe physiological injuries. The study found that 28% of the study participants had leakage of the Blood Brain Barrier, 40% had chronic inflammation indicating oxidative stress; 23% had autoimmune antibodies and 100% had reduced levels of melatonin. Substantive scientific evidence exists showing that all these injuries can be associated with RFR exposure
● Microwave Sickness – Mystery Sickness in Cuba Diplomats – (meta-analysis) -Golomb 2018; Diplomats’ Mystery Illness and Pulsed Radiofrequency/Microwave Radiation” Prof. Beatrice Golomb MD. PhD., from UCSD paper provide detailed analysis and concludes that the “mystery sickness” suffered by US diplomats in Cuba (and China) is likely Microwave Sickness and similar to those reported being affected by RF/MW from wireless devices/infrastructure and showed the same symptoms including brain injury and brain swelling. The study provides detailed analysis of every element of the condition including biological mechanisms of harms and critical analysis of negative studies. The U.S. government’s investigation has determined that microwave sickness is the most probable explanation of their symptoms: “…the U.S. believes sophisticated microwaves, or another type of electromagnetic weapon were likely used on the U.S. government workers.”
● Reduced Sperm Count – (Study in humans) – Zilberlicht (2015) – Habits of cell phone usage and sperm quality – does this warrant attention? Dozens of studies prove beyond a doubt that wireless radiation adversely affects the sperm.
● Autism – (Meta-Analysis Paper) – Herbert (2013); Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a pathophysiological link – Part I; Part 2 Prof. Martha Herbert MD. PhD is a pediatric Neurologist from Harvard University who specializes in neurodevelopmental conditions in children, especially, Autism. Her paper has 550 scientific citations showing that for every problem identified in Autism, there is scientific literature showing how EMFs can create those problems. She doesn’t claim that EMF is proven to cause autism but that “EMF can certainly contribute to degrading the physiological integrity of the system at the cellular and molecular level” and that “children are more vulnerable than adults, and children with chronic illnesses and/or neurodevelopmental disabilities are even more vulnerable.”
● ADHD – Prenatal exposure leads to ADHD – (Study in mice) – Aldad (2012) Fetal Radiofrequency Radiation Exposure From 800-1900 MHz-Rated Cellular Telephones Affects Neurodevelopment and Behavior in Mice. The study showed that fetal exposure to cellular telephones affects brain neurodevelopment and memory and behavior in mice and can lead to ADHD. Press HERE for Prof. Taylor video presentation.
● ADHD – Prenatal exposure leads attention and behavioral problem – (study in Humans) – Birk 2017; Maternal cell phone use during pregnancy and child behavioral problems in five birth cohorts. A study on 83,884 women, provide the human evidence and concludes that maternal cell phone use during pregnancy may increase the risk for behavioral problems in the offspring, particularly hyperactivity/inattention problems. A UCLA study (Divan 2008) on 13,159 women also found the same effects (Divan 1008).There are additional twenty-six (26) studies from 2008-2017 showing adverse effects of exposure during perinatal periods on the development and functions of the nervous system and indicate its special vulnerability to RFR. Five (5) studies showed that the cerebellum seems to be especially vulnerable and effects of exposure to cell phone frequencies affected embryonic neural stem cells, which play a critical role in brain development.
● Wi-Fi – (Meta-analysis paper) – Pall (2018); Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health. The paper summarizes the various health effects found to be caused by Wi-Fi and includes 100 scientific references and concludes that repeated Wi-Fi studies show seven main effects: oxidative stress, sperm/testicular damage, neuropsychiatric effects including EEG changes, apoptosis, cellular DNA damage, endocrine changes, and calcium overload. “Each of these effects are also caused by exposures to other microwave frequency EMFs, with each such effect being documented in from 10 to 16 review” and concludes that “[t]therefore, each of these seven EMF effects are established effects of Wi-Fi and of other microwave frequency EMFs.” The paper refutes a study published by a Telecom industry expert, claiming that there are seven important studies of Wi-Fi that showed no effect. Pall explains that “none of these studies were Wi-Fi studies “with each differing from genuine Wi-Fi in three distinct ways.” These studies did not use “Wi-Fi” but rather only the carrier wave without the modulation (which makes it into “Wi-Fi”), a known way in which industry is manipulating the results of studies.
5G / Millimeter Waves
● Millimeter Waves – Interaction with Skin – Feldman 2008;Human Skin as Arrays of Helical Antennas in the Millimeter and Submillimeter Wave Range – The study shows that when ‘millimeter waves’ which will be used for 5G, interact with the body – they make the sweat nodes into an antenna and therefore the whole body becomes an antenna.
● Millimeter Waves – (Meta-Analysis) Conducted by the US Army & Air Force -Pakhomov (1998);Current State and Implications of Research on Biological Effects of Millimeter Waves: A Review of the Literature – A summary report on millimeter waves. The paper summarizes dozens of studies of biological effects of millimeter waves that now are being used for 5G. The report shows numerous and profound effects demonstrated on all biological systems including cells and humans. Many of the studies show effects at non-thermal levels. Interestingly, the research showed mixed effects – some showed regenerative effects while others showed adverse effects which is not surprising as anything that has biological effects may have both adverse and beneficial effects, depending on frequency, power and exposure time. This contradicts the FCC stance that there are no biological effects. Adverse effects found in the studies review included arrhythmia, heart rate variability, effects on the development of embryos, effects on antibiotic resistance and other effects.
Impact on Animals
● Exposure to cell phone radiations produces biochemical changes in worker honeybees – Exposure of beehives to radiation from two cell phones for 15 minutes a day, twice a week for 3 months led to complete collapse of the colony.
● Changes in honeybee behavior and biology under the influence of cellphone radiations – Study showed cell phone radiation interfered with cellular metabolism. After exposure of 10 minutes the bees could not metabolize sugars, protein or fats. As with humans, their cells became Oxygen starved. But it happened much faster with bees.
● US Department of Interior Letter 2014 – The strongest and clearest statement by a US government agency in regards to the harm and inadequacy of FCC guidelines was in a letter from the Department of Interior from 2014 which states that the problem with the migration of birds is caused by the cell towers and that the FCC guidelines have been obsolete for over 30 years.
● White Storks – Possible Effects of Electromagnetic Fields From Phone Masts on a Population of White Stork – Biologist Balmori monitored the reproduction of White Storks, a bird that lives in urban areas. Storks usually build their nest on tall trees. Now with cell towers the nests are exposed to microwave radiation. Balmori compared nests within 200 yards, and nests 300 yards and more from a cell tower. He found that: 40% of those nests within 200 yards had no chicks compared to only 3.3% of those 300 yards and more from the tower. He also showed that for those within 200 yards, sticks fell to the ground when they tried to build their nest, the nest did not get built, the couples fought for the offspring, and the hatched chicks frequently died.
● Effects of Frogs – Mobile Phone Mast Effects on Common Frog (Rana temporaria) Tadpoles: The City Turned into a Laboratory. The study lasted for 2 months, from egg phase to advance phase of tadpoles. Biologist Balmori exposed them to radiation from a cellular antenna located 140 yards away. The mortality rate of the control group was 4.2% but of the frogs exposed it was 90%. He also found low coordination of movements, an asynchronous growth, resulting in both big and small tadpoles.
● Effects on Jaguars – Scientific American published – No Cell-phone Reception? That’s Good News for Jaguars. The study looked at the distributions of 45 medium and large mammal species in the Brazilian Atlantic forest and compared that data to the distribution of cell towers in the region. The results: Out of more than 18,000 animal observations (including everything from in-person sightings to tracks and camera traps), only 18 percent occurred in areas where there was decent cell-phone coverage. The relationship was even more striking for threatened species, like the jaguar: Only 4 percent of sightings occurred in locations where you could make a mobile phone call.
● Video of the Effects of Bluetooth & Cell Phone in the Car on Brain Activity – a MUST WATCH Video of the experiment which was done by German scientists.
The Wireless Fraud
● The Nation Article – excellent article that was published on 3/29/18, about the wireless industry fraud/cover up titled: ” How Big Wireless Made Us Think That Cell Phones Are Safe: A Special Investigation” and the subtitle: The disinformation campaign—and massive radiation increase – behind the 5G rollout.” The article is especially important as it was written by two leading investigative journalists – Mark Hertzgaard and Mark Dowie. Dowie is a former publisher and editor of Mother Jones and has won nineteen journalism awards.
● FCC – Captured Agency – Harvard University Center for Ethics (2015)- Captured Agency: How the FCC is Dominated by the Industries It Presumably Regulates. Summary of relevant points from the report regarding the FCC & the wireless industryfrom SaferEMR.com – An Exposé of the FCC: An Agency Captured by the Industries it Regulates
Database of Studies
● EMF Portal – EMF-Portal Database of Studies – A website which is managed by a German hospital and funded by the German government and industry. Likely the most comprehensive database of studies on the issue of electromagnetic fields and radiation (both studies that found effects and studies that didn’t find effects), a total of about 30,000 studies-
California Specific Information
● California Medical Association (CMA) Resolution on Wireless Standards Reevaluation (2014) Resolution 107- 14 – The California Medical Association passed a resolution stating that our current safety standards are not adequate to protect public health and need to be revised to take into account non-thermal biological effect. Its resolve states: “CMA support efforts to implement new safety exposure limits for wireless devices to levels that do not cause human or environmental harm based on scientific research.” In this resolution CMA acknowledges that “… peer reviewed research has demonstrated adverse biological effects of wireless EMF including single and double stranded DNA breaks, creation of reactive oxygen species, immune dysfunction, cognitive processing effects, stress protein synthesis in the brain, altered brain development, sleep and memory disturbances, ADHD, abnormal behavior, sperm dysfunction, and brain tumors…” CA Medical Association is the only medical association that has passed such a resolution.
● LA Firefighters & Cell Towers – in 2005, The International Firefighters Union, representing over 300,000 firefighters recognized wireless microwave radiation health effects and has stood strongly against locating cell towers on top of their fire stations; 28 page International Association of Fire Fighters Resolution detailing health effects associated with exposure to wireless microwave radiation and reported symptoms of their exposed firefighters. The document states numerous health effects were found to be caused by wireless radiation. The resolution was a result of complaints by firefighters of headaches, memory problems, sleeping problems, anxiety following the installation of cell towers at their fire stations. Brain scans of the firefighters in 2005 showed abnormalities. The results of these abnormal brain scans were summarized in a letter written to the FCC in 2013. California Assembly Bill AB57, which passed on October 9, 2015, exempts fire stations from having transmitting devices on their facilities. The 5G Bill SB 649 which was vetoed by Governor Brown included an exemption for firefighters.
● CA Department of Public Health (CDPH) Cell Phone Safety Guidelines (2017) – In December 2017, the California Department of Public Health became the first US State Department of Health to publish guidelines on how to reduce exposure to radiofrequency from cell phones cell phones. However, sadly the story behind the publication of the guidelines exposes the outrageous failure of those entrusted to protect our health, likely because of fear of industry. In 2014 Dr. Joel Moskowitz, Director of the Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, submitted 3 requests to the CDPH under the California Public Records Act for this information. All three requests were denied. In 2016, the UC Berkeley School of Law, Environmental Law Clinic and the First Amendment Project filed a lawsuit on his behalf in the Sacramento Superior Court. On May 12, 2017, CA Attorney General’s office released the drafts. Shockingly it was discovered that since 2009 and until 2015, the California Department of Public Health prepared 27 versions of a cell phone radiation safety fact sheet but never released them to the public. In December 2017 it officially published the guidelines. Needless to say, the guidelines are inadequate, full of fear of telling the truth, and also give bad advice such as encouraging the use of Bluetooth headphones. The story was covered by the San Francisco Chronicles “New records show how state reworked secret cell phone warnings”
● Generation Zapped – An introductory movie to the issue of wireless health effects.
● Microwaves, Science & Lies – A movie about the wireless fraud including in the World Health Organization.
● Resonance – Beings of Frequency (free) – A movie about how wireless is affecting us, considering humans are electric beings.
● Invisible Rainbow – A History of Electricity and Life – By Arthur Firstenberg
● Overpowered – By Dr. Martin Blank
● EMF*D – Dr. Mercola